The Crosstown player's clinic
To all Crosstown players…
What & when: The Crosstown annual free clinic – Sat May 13th
Who: is for all players & coaches & is compulsory for all new teams & esp Rec C2 & D2 teams – at least 1 rep (player).
Where: Gordon Park, 49th Ave & 2 blks west of Victoria (@ David Thompson SS) , NE diamond … 12:00 sharp – 1:30 pm .. umbrellas if raining.. shall only cancel if heavy rain or lightning!
Why .. This is a free practical clinic for all levels & no gloves or equipment needed. A certified umpire will operate the clinic & players should feel comfortable afterwards about softball rules, play & expectations …. .
Players & coaches will learn:
• What umpires (VSUA) are looking for & their rulings
• The Crosstown & SPN softball playing rules: field dimensions, league rules, playing rules – infield fly, blood rule, subbing – AP rule, foul balls, encroachment etc
• What & where players should be – defensively & offensively; batting & fielding strategies, 1st base info, pitching
• What coaches need to know re: equipment – setting up, rules, insurance, alcohol, playing/lineup strategy, bats, balls, gloves, lineup/scorebooks
• Tweeking the online SPN registration & Crosstown web page – TeamPages – for online scores (mostly for coaches), schedules etc
This clinic should last about 1- 1 1/2 hours & also be a chance for coaches to pickup permits, contact sheets, etc
Apres- clinic – off to The Eastside Crafthouse (old EWALK Pub) for socializing & beverages
Thanks & all welcome
Crosstown Slo-Pitch League