Softball in BC update March 2021
Below is the latest BC Gov update and means no adult outdoor softball at this time… We will have to wait & see if & when they change their rules… but Leagues have told them they need lots of lead time or it cannot happen. If the VPB suddenly announces that fields are open & team sports are allowed… then we need time to schedule, get permits & insurance, equipment, collect team fees and pay VPB fees. As usual they seem to not be very empathetic to league concerns.
As a Crosstown update only 2 teams from 2019 have replied as a no-go. 5 of 6 B teams are ok . All 2020 teams from Rec C & D are good to go.
We have 2021 Covid rules ready to go and will keep all coaches informed as to new rulings or timelines etc
March 2021 update BC Government
The PHO has amended the gathering and events order. Up to 10 people can gather outdoors. For example:
• Up to 10 people can gather at a park or beach
• Up to 10 people can gather in the backyard of a residence
Do not gather with several groups of new people. Stick to the same people. Continue to use COVID-19 layers of protection and maintain physical distancing.
All restrictions for indoor gatherings remain in place. No indoor gatherings of any size are allowed.
Adult indoor and outdoor team sports
Indoor and outdoor organized team sports for people 22 years of age and older are prohibited. These include:
• Basketball cheerleading Combat sports Floor hockey Floor ringette Road hockey Ice hockey Ringette
• Martial arts Netball Team skating Soccer Volleyball Indoor bowling Lawn bowling Curling
• Lacrosse Hockey Ultimate Rugby Football Baseball Softball
While restrictions are currently in place related to adult team sports, some indoor and outdoor sports and activities, including drills and training activities, are permitted with a reduced number of participants:
• 2 people may engage in indoor sports with one another
• 10 people may engage in outdoor sports with one another
In both cases, participants must maintain a distance of 3 metres from one another unless everyone lives in the same private residence.