News and Announcements
Playoffs: all playoffs are rain or shine
The Teampages web page www.Crosstownslopitch.ca
- Home page - Documents will always have the up-to-date PLAYOFF schedule.
*Rec B & C – weeks of Tues Aug 2nd to Thursday, Aug 11th; Fridays Aug 5th & 12th for rainouts; top 8 teams from each division – B, C1 & C2 – advance to playoffs *
Rec D – top 6 teams from D1 & D2 advance; probably 4 games Friday, Aug 5th and the balance on Sunday, Aug 7th – Tisdall Pk 10-6pmish …. (may be Columbia Park)
HOME TEAM IS ALWAYS HIGHEST FROM LEAGUE STANDINGS & SETS UP EQUIPMENT. (even if re-seeding occurs)
SOME BYES, RE-SEEDING, CROSSOVERS & SUCCESSIVE PLAYING DAYS MAY APPLY IN PLAYOFFS. (not as simple as a single-knockout).
5A/ PLAYOFFS: ELIGIBILITY (I will have with me a printed copy of all registered SPN players)
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS, PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH SPN & CROSSTOWN AND HAVE PLAYED IN A MINIMUM OF 3 LEAGUE GAMES (NOT INCLUDING TOURNAMENT GAMES) WITH THE SAME TEAM IN THE SAME DIVISION. CRITERIA FOR PLAYOFFS FROM FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS: TOTAL POINTS, WINS, WINS/RUNS SPREAD IN HEAD-TO-HEAD, RUNS FOR, COIN TOSS;
5D//BONDS/FINES/SUSPENSIONS: FINES: WILL BE ADMINISTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING INFRACTIONS:- UPON VERIFICATION OF ANY REPORT FROM THE POLICE, ANY SCHOOL BOARD, ANY PARKS BOARD DIRECTOR OR PARK RANGER OR THE UMPIRE’S ASSOCIATION, OF ANY TEAM OR CROSSTOWN PLAYERS BREAKING THE “NO ALCOHOL” POLICY – BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER LEAGUE, TOURNAMENT OR PLAYOFF GAMES ON CROSSTOWN VANCOUVER FIELDS – THEY WILL BE FINED $50 EACH INCIDENT . AFTER A 2ND REPORT SAID TEAM WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM LEAGUE, TOURNAMENT & PLAYOFF GAMES & FORFEIT THEIR BOND & ALL LEAGUE OR TOURNAMENT FEES .
– A DEFAULT AT THE FIELD OR OPPOSING TEAMS NOT NOTIFIED ($33)
- UMPIRES NOT CANCELLED ON TIME OR CANCEL WITHIN 24 HRS ($33)
- ANY RESCHEDULING OR CANCELLING OF LEAGUE GAMES ONCE POSTED ON THE WEB ($33)
– MISSING EQUIPMENT AND/OR NO UNIFORMS OR MATCHING TOPS BY JUNE 1, 2016 (MINIMUM OF 8 PLAYERS MUST WEAR MATCHING TOPS/T-SHIRTS) (FINE – $33/THEN $25/WEEK)
ONCE A BOND IS $60 DOLLARS OR LESS IT MUST BE BROUGHT BACK UP TO $100 DOLLARS OR TEAM WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM PLAYING LEAGUE, PLAYOFF OR TOURNAMENT GAMES. GAMES MAY ALSO BE DEFAULTED (7-0) IF TEAM REMAINS UNDER SUSPENSION. WE WILL EMAIL COACHES OF TEAMS WITH LOW BONDS THAT NEED TO BE TOPPED UP.
Coaches: Once again we are having our Annual Crosstown Recreational Tournament on the June 10-12th weekend at Gordon Park. It is a coed (6&4) fun tournament with prizes to the Champions & Finalists, Consolation winner & Most Fun Team… many MVP individual prizes ..rare to find a recreational in-town softball tournament … “every team entering gets better”
• 5 games guaranteed; one game on Friday night, 2 on Saturday and at least 2 on Sunday. (Friday can be optional) .. but means Saturday starts early & 3 games, rain or shine
• all SPN/ Crosstown rules, 6 & 4, any Crosstown players from any division may play on teams – just let Mike know as SPN needs to adjust their team files for that weekend for insurance purposes
• all games SPN umpired, cor .44 optic yellow Worth balls,
• Molson’s/SPN prizes – Champions & Finalists, Consolation Champs & Most Fun team – and only our league teams are first invited; this keeps it very recreational & anyone can win!
• 6 – 8 MVP male & female prizes, player ballbags, sweatshirts, hoodies, caps, travel bags, dry shirts, t-shirts
• Tournament fee is $350 per team, same as last 5 years
• Individual Molson’s prizes for MVPs, Champions, Finalists & Consolation winners & for Most Fun team. . rain or shine
• Teams verbally in – let me know if changes – Diamond Dancers, Life Savers, Pilots, the Big Dirty, Los Lobos, Southvan Sluggers, … Call/ email asap to register
Coaches: re: TeamPages & SPN
• Do not set up a team outside of the league…
All new coaches received an email asking them to setup their account.
TeamPages: Old teams – go to your team in your division – Div B, C or D & add or delete players… simply add the name & email of the new players & they will automatically get an email to reply .
New teams – your team with a corresponding generic logo should be in the division already with 2 coach’s names added .. just add your player’s names & email addresses and they will then receive an email from TeamPages to reply to.
TeamPages & SPN: be sure to have registered all your players – regular & subs – on both TeamPages & SPN & do it only from the emails you or your players have received from them…
Winning teams are to register their win & the scores online on their Team page on TeamPages. An App is also available so teams can enter their scores & the win immediately. The standings will be updated automatically as well..
Coaches can find the OPEN fields available for make-up games on the * “Open Field Times”* link in the middle bar of the Home page on TeamPages.
Reminder: At the field – Umpires have been instructed not to start a game if 1/ all bases are not 2-spiked 2/ any alcohol is visible and 3/ any illegal bats are not removed
READ AS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT…. The SPN registration is to be done asap as games begin week of May 2nd … ACT ONLY ON THE EMAIL SENT TO YOU BY SPN!! DO NOT GO TO THE WEB PAGE & REGISTER FROM THERE….
Coaches: the short SPN guide is under documents to help with the online SPN registration & insurance. This is a very important process and a requirement as it the player’s registration with SPN and their insurance agreement; basically 3rd person coverage. Gone are the days of signing papers the coach had to carry around & hand-in/hand-out meetings. Also these rosters serve as the official Crosstown league & will be printed on June 1st/2016.
All players playing any league & playoff games – subs or regulars- must be registered & become “active”. This is an SPN requirement. You may register as many players as you want & need.
• Coaches to respond to SPN email & remove members not playing this year & add new players – names & emails.. all teams are online & new teams have been registered by Mike/Lorri
• Players to respond ONLY to SPN emails … they will be pending & later become “active”
• Coaches – if a change is from a player to a team contact or vice versa – remove said player & register again as “ team contact” or “secondary contact” or just a player but none as a COACH! (SPN no like)
• Teams are to have 2 contact players registered (as team contact or secondary) .. all players playing – regular & subs are to be registered
• Most of the upper info is irrelevant to SPN & our league ie coed A,B,C,D or E level, ID SPN #s, provincial/national info
• If further glitches, problems please call Lorri at SPNBC at 604 465 5612
The Guide is also an attachment in Documents on the Crosstown Home web page.
REMINDER: Members should only ever have 1 SPN profile that they use
for EVERYTHING they do in SPN and they USE THAT SAME PROFILE EVERY YEAR.