News and Announcements
Coaches: Once again we are having our Annual Crosstown Recreational Tournament on the June 10-12th weekend at Gordon Park. ..rare to find a recreational in-town softball tournament … “every team entering gets better”
- Tournament: the 2016 Crosstown Annual Ron Cooke Memorial Tournament will be on the June 10-12th weekend at Gordon Park (Victoria & 49th Ave)*
• 5 games guaranteed; one game on Friday night, 2 on Saturday and at least 2 on Sunday. (Friday can be optional) .. but means Saturday starts early & 3 games
• all SPN/Crosstown rules, 6 & 4, any Crosstown players from any division may play on teams – just let us know as SPN needs to adjust their team files for that weekend for insurance purposes
• all games SPN umpired, cor .44 optic yellow Worth balls,
• Molson’s/SPN prizes – Champions & Finalists, Consolation Champs & Most Fun team – and only our league teams are first invited; this keeps it very recreational & anyone can win!
• 6 – 8 MVP male & female prizes, player ballbags, sweatshirts, hoodies, caps, travel bags, dry shirts, t-shirts
• Tournament fee is $350 per team, same as last 5 years
• Individual Molson’s prizes for MVPs, Champions, Finalists & Consolation winners & for Most Fun team. . rain or shine .. a lotta fun. . washrooms,
Crosstown Slo-Pitch League
Phone: 604- 874- 7158
Sponsors: Abbie’s Sporting Goods, 604- 874- 6910, 4774 Main St at 32rd Ave, full softball supplies, 10% Crosstown discount on already good prices… http://www.abbiessports.com/
Dear Crosstown Slo-Pitch Members,
I am very excited to let you know of a special promotion I have for the Oct 10 game vs the Winnipeg Blue Bombers!
For the prices you see below (which have all fees and taxes included), you receive: a ticket to the game (you pick your specific seats), a $20 BC Lions hat and a $10 merchandise coupon (all with no extra charge). Club Seating can be made available upon request.
To order your tickets and receive your gifts, please call Cole Renner at 604-930-5452 and mention that you are with Crosstown Slo-Pitch. Thank you very much and I look forward to talking with you and seeing you at the game!
Cole Renner, B.A.
Account Executive, Sales
BC LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB
e: email@example.com I t: 604 930 5452 I f: 604 583 7882
10605 City Parkway I Surrey BC, V3T 4C8 I Canada
bclions.com I facebook.com/BC.Lions I twitter.com/BCLions
7th Annual Crosstown Golf Tournie
9911 Sidaway Rd, Richmond
Sunday September 13
We hope you will join us at Mylora Sidaway this year for a Texas Scramble golf tournament followed by a Burger Buffet dinner.
There will be door prizes and prizes for Mens and Ladies longest drive, closest to the pin and closest to the line.
Cost: $70 per person
First Tee Time: 12 noon
Please contact Jill Love or Mike Cooke as soon as possible to confirm your spot. Tournament Fees will be due by August 14th and non-refundable. E-transfer, cash or cheques accepted. Tournament goes forward rain or shine, fingers crossed for shine.
We have had a great deal of fun in previous years so I hope you’ll join us again this year or come and participate for your first time and meet some new friends. If you have a friend who would like to participate please let me know. All levels of golfers welcome, but some golfing experience necessary.
The Annual Crosstown Fun Tournament was held this weekend (June 12-14th) at Gordon Park & it was a super sunny time with 14 Crosstown teams participating. The grass had been cut although many small branches littered the outfields from the windy Thursday night but all playing conditions were good & not a trace of wind or rain to be found over 3 days play! The VPB Rangers did their duty with clean washrooms open all weekend & tp stocked! Mr Tube Steak set up for all day dogs & smokies, pop, water & crisps. Simon, our annual bike-riding bottle collector, was in good spirits and awards were given out under a beautiful clear sky & a happy bunch after Sunday’s Final. .. & once again thanks to the usual Big Dirty background antics. Molson’s/SPN hoodies & SPN t-shirts (both 2015 Provincial prizes) went to the champs & Finalists & a set of SPN shirts to the Consolation champs & Coors straw hats to the Most Fun team. All four teams also took home engraved trophies. Molson ballbags & travelling bags went to the top 2 MVPs male & female. Assorted other prizes to the next 3 as well.
The final results are:
Champions: Full Disclosure
Finalists: Caught Looking
Consolation Champs: Baseslide Tigers
Most Fun Team: The Big Dirty, part II
And the MVPs are:
MVP Females – 1st – tie – Nicole & Megan – Caught Looking; 2nd – Jill – Diamond Dancers; 3rd – Monica – Pilots; 4th – Tina – Baseslide Tigers …Honourable mentions to Roop & Janeen – Full Disclosure; Sandra & Melissa – BentBatters; Rene & Mel – Awesome Cats; Megan – Pitch Slap; Nia – Captain Morgans; Natalie – The Mobb;
MVP Males – 1st – tie – Dave & Serj – Full Disclosure; 2nd – Marv & Keith – Diamond Dancers; 3rd – Tyson & Jamie– Caught Looking; 4th – Dougie – The Big Dirty (under FIFA investigation); Honourable mentions to … Magnus – BentBatters; Shawn – Baseslide Tigers; Nelson – The Mobb; Daryl – The Life Savers; Kevin – Brew Crew & The Tims on Pitch Slap
Thanks to all teams that participated and to all coaches for all their hard work, time & dedication and for the setting up their equipment. Kudos as always to the Umpires from the VSUA as they sweltered under sunny skies & dusty diamonds. Thanks to John at Mr Tube Steak and Trudy for all her behind the scenes assistance & input. Congratulations to all players & the winners and those with MVP recognition.
The Crosstown Slo-Pitch League
How are you? We at Gibbons are hosting a series of mixed Slo Pitch tournaments over the summer up here in Whistler and want to see if we can extend an invitation to all the teams associated with Crosstown. I am not sure if we are able to put a post up on your site or email team captains directly but just thought to reach out and see. The first of 3 tournaments (1 each month from July to September) is on July 11th and 12th.
Just a basic run down of the tournament is as follows:
- $1000 for first prize, $500 for 2nd place based on a 12 team tournament
- Pre Tourney mingle at Tapleys Pub on Friday Night with Live Music
- Dinner included for teams at either Longhorn Saloon or Tapleys Pub on the Saturday Night (which venue host the dinner is yet TBD)
- Complimentary cover at Buffalo Bills & Garfinkels on Saturday Night
- Preferred hotel rates for participating teams
- Concession, BBQ and Beer Garden at the Ball Park
It is always a super fun weekend up here in the mountains and just want to ensure people are not missing out as last year we sold out by game day at each tournament.
I hope to be able to invite you all your teams up and would be happy to provide some more information or answer any questions you may have about our tournaments.
Thanks for your time!
Gibbons Hospitality Group
PO Box 65
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
BBerry Pin: 7E8CD226